Monday, September 26, 2011

Book Review: Amy by Any Other Name by Maureen Garvie



"I stop screaming, ad then I remember what I saw and I start again. What I saw was my head i a cage, my jaw wired ad bolted. Tracks of stitching across my forehead like Frankenstein's monster. But it's not the stitches or the bruising like a fadig suset. It's that no accfident I've ever heard of can turn blue eyes brown. I'm screaming because the face I saw in the mirror wasn't mine.""When sixteen-year-old Amy wakes up in a hospital bed, terribly injured from a dive onto hidden rocks in a quarry, her shattered body is not the worst of her troubles. The worst of it is the fact that the body is ot her own.
An over achiever from a wealthy Toroto family. Amy has somehow ended up in the body of Krystal, a troubled girl from the North-End Kingston. o one, of course,believves what Amy says. Ay's drive ad determiatio help her to build a new life, but all she really wants is to find her way back to the life she once had. Or does she?"
MY RATING: 10/10
I think this book teaches everyone a real lesson about how life could be so much harder for us to understad what other peoples lives are like without being in there shoes. Amy is in someone elses body! That's insane. The way that Amy lives deals with it must take a lot of guts. It made me wonder what Maureen Garvie was thinking about. How ever she came up with this idea she must have been really thinking about what it would be like. I feel like she worked really hard to make a point and I like that!THANK YOU MAUREE GARVIE FOR PUTTING ME IN SOMEONE ELSES "SHOES"!Sinerely, Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment