Saturday, January 7, 2017

Spoiler: A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir

So if you've been here a while you may have seen my review of An Ember In the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. So I wasn't as pumped about it as so many others seemed to be. I didn't hate it I thought that it was fine. I didn't love it either though. I wasn't as drawn in as so many others were with the first book. I bought this book not sure if I would love it or even like it for that much. So when I started to really get into this book I was trash before I knew it. I loved the change of pace, being on the run from people who can track anyone who are trained to kill. A rescue mission and magic none the less. That being said it took my a little while to get truly into the story. I can't wait to see where the rest of this series goes and if more perspectives will come along or not. I'm enjoying the three we have so far but I'll mention more below.

Characters:
Elias: I love Elias, I know it's kind of messed up because he's now a Grim reaper type guy but he is so good. Too good to be a mask. To kill with no reason. To not care. He's got a troubled past sure thing but I'm expecting that Harper is going to come and stir up some shit that he doesn't even know about. I can't wait.

Laia: I think that her character really changed as well. She started to see that people were taking her movements seriously. I thought that while some of her actions were rash, they were what she believed was necessary to save her brother. I'm curious about her powers and what she will do now that Darin has been saved.

Helene: My heart breaks for her but she has truly been unmade. She will get through this because she is the strongest of them all. She's put up with being rejected, being lead by a psychopath and then watching her family be killed. I can't wait to see her next move.

Darin: Is he going to be whole after what he went through?

The Commandant: She's crazy if she thinks she can just overthrough everyone, but it makes sense that she would go for it. She's ruthless if nothing else.

The Warden: I kept picturing him as a Crow from Game of Thrones but spookier. To experiment of prisoners is horrifying but he had true power in that prison. With the fear that those who walked it's halls must have felt. 

Keenan: Our should I say not Keenan ( I had a better lead up but I forgot it). The Nightbringer is coming and he doesn't give a single F*ck about anyone. He wants to free his own true, but he also wants to kill many for what they did to him. 

Marcus: The way he played with the Commandant makes me happy, but he has a lot more battles to fight to win the support of those around him, and hopefully those around him give him a hell of a fight right back. Especially Helene.


Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "'Look at you.'"

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment