Saturday, October 21, 2017

Spoiler: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Here we all thought this was a trilogy and then Tahereh Mafi pulls out 3 more books! I can't wait. That being said I'm content with the ending and the way the love triangle ended in this series. I can't say that I'm a huge fan of Adam and I have a lot of thoughts about how these next three books might undo the process of Juliette loving Warner. That might just be my panicky fangirl thoughts. Tahereh's writing is beautiful and soul-crushing. The descriptions in this series are terribly beautiful  (does anyone know what I'm trying to say?). I would also like to note that these books do contain a few intimate relationship details (although they are not phrased in a way that makes it completely apparent). Just in case you are a young reader and not interested in sexual aspects of a relationship.
I loved these first three books and plan to continue with the series as soon as possible.

Characters:
Juliette: Her character growth was amazing to witness and an important message to all of us. That we're allowed to change and grow into different people. Although, it was painful to watch her have to explain this to those around her time and time again. I think that she truly became a badass character in this novel and kicked so much ass! I can't wait to see what happens next in her story.

Aaron/Warner: Yes he has had to make severe choices and his reasoning is not an excuse for many of his actions, but I do still love him. As problematic as it may be. I really enjoyed learning more about his life and how he became who he was. I can't wait to see how their relationship continues in the next book. And yes I'll be incredibly mad if they don't stay together.

Adam: Let's all be honest, he was a real dink in this book. He was rude and obviously didn't care that they had already broken up. He was acting so selfishly for the majority of the book that I had a lot of trouble finding a redeeming quality about him. 

Kenji: He's a sweet guy and I love his dynamic with Juliette (especially because she had a guy best friend... it's the 21st century people). He's sweet and playful but still has enough emotion to be a realistic character in my mind. 

Castle: I really think that he took being pushed down from leadership rather well. No not the best, but pretty ok. I was impressed. 

James: This kids life is totally going to expand into these next 3 books and I can't wait to see what happens to him and around him. 


Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "'I can't wait to watch them try.'"


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment