Saturday, December 2, 2017

Spoiler: The Battle of The Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

So this reread has been a pleasant surprise, overall I still really enjoy the story line and the characters. That being said, this was not my favorite book in the series. Personally, I felt that this book felt alot like filler for the final book. Yes there was a development in the plot and the characters but I just found that it made me want to move onto the fifth book. I'm in it for when shit hits the fan. I also wasn't a huge fan of how there is an almost love triangle in this story. It just didn't do anything for me. I am looking forward to continuing the series but I'm not nearly as interested in the love idea as others may be (probably because I'm way older than 15 years old). 

Characters:
Percy: I think that while he's grown a fair amount, he still has a long way to go. Especially based on the way he acted in the love aspects of this book. He's grown as a warrior but still a a slightly hopeless 15 year old boy. I'm curious to see how his life will change now that everything about his life is setting into motion for the prophecy. 

Annabeth: I like her. She's stubborn and sarcastic, two things that I of course value. She's getting to be more likable book by book. I worry for her though based on her misplacing of trust. How will she cope if she has to meet Luke/Kronos head on?

Grover: He's an inspiration for the world to save the wild and I think that's something that isn't valued enough in this series or any series of ya/middle grade books for that matter.

Tyson: To see your hero rise from the ashes is an interesting idea. As well as the idea that you can become your own hero. 

Rachel: She's ok. I don't have a problem with her but I think I remember her fate in the series. And if I'm right that's kind of disappointing.

Kronos: This guys has it out for everyone. Talk about the ultimate villan. I kind of like that idea of the ultimate villan who gives no shits about who he hurts. 

Luke: Did he realize what he was getting into? If he did what would push him so close to the edge?

Daedalus: Probably my favorite character in this whole book because I have never seen a character regret an act quite as much as him. I think that his growth throughout the years was extremely well captured.


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment