Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Book Review: The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena

Title: The Couple Next Door
Author: Shari Lapena
Series/Standalone: Standalone
Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Adult Fiction
Pages: 308
Publisher: Penguin Books
Year Published: 2016
Format: Audiobook

"You never know what's happening on the other side of the wall.

Your neighbor told you that she didn't want your six-month-old daughter at the dinner party. Nothing personal, she just couldn't stand her crying.

Your husband said it would be fine. After all, you only live next door. You'll have the baby monitor and you'll take it in turns to go back every half hour.

Your daughter was sleeping when you checked on her last. But now, as you race up the stairs in your deathly quiet house, your worst fears are realized. She's gone.

You've never had to call the police before. But now they're in your home, and who knows what they'll find there.

What would you be capable of, when pushed past your limit?"

My Rating: 3.5/5

In the moment, reading this book, I loved it. I remember being wowed by the twists and turns. It has been 16 days since I read it and... I don't remember most of it other than snippets. This is the reason for the rating, if it was right after reading it might have been a 4 but because of the lack of memorability it went down for me. What I will say about the author is I love the final twists in the two books I've read of hers! I will be reading more of her work, probably on audiobook, because the narrators for this and the other book I read by her were perfect. If you've read any of her work, what is your favourite of her works?

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment