Sunday, April 4, 2021

Book Review: The Death Cure by James Dashner

Title: The Death Cure
Author: James Dashner
Series/Standalone: The Maze Runner Series (Book #3)
Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopian, Young Adult
Pages: 325
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Year Published: 2011
Format: Audiobook

"It's the end of the line.
WICKED has taken everything from Thomas: his life, his memories, and now his only friends- the Gladers. But it's finally over. The trials are complete, after one final test.

Will anyone survive?
What WICKED doesn't know is that Thomas remembers far more than they think. And it's enough to prove that he can't believe a word of what they say.
The truth will be terrifying.
Thomas beat the Maze. He survived the Scorch. He'll risk anything to save his friends. But the truth might be what ends it all.
The time for lies is over."

My Rating: 4/5

I know that a lot of people didn't like this third book in the series as it drew a conclusion for a lot of people's reading experience. I enjoyed it. I think that the author did a wonderful job of continuing our intrigue into what was going on. The fact that we never truly know who to trust is a trope  I really enjoy used in plots with dystopian novels. I love not being able to see where we are going and having our main characters be paranoid to a certain extent as well. I plan to continue on with the series although I expect there will be a change in pace due to how this book ended.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment