Sunday, July 28, 2024

Book Review: Out of the Gate by Elsie Silver

Title: Out of the Gate
Author: Elsie Silver
Series/Standalone: Gold Rush Ranch Series (Book #0.5)
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Adult Fiction
Pages: 112
Publisher: Indie
Year Published: 2021
Format: Ebook (Own on Kindle)

"Dermot Harding is ten years older than me. A family friend. An employee on my father's ranch.
But I've loved him as long as I can remember.

At eighteen, I kissed him and he pushed me away. He said I was too young.

The army took him from me for three long years, but now he's back at Gold Rush Ranch- looking at me like he's never looked at me before. letting his hands linger longer than they should. Offering to help me train the racehorse I've always dreamed of owning.

I say that I've moved on, but our chemistry? It's electric. It's overpowering. And soon all our reasons for staying away from each other fall away, along with our clothes.

He says he's too old and too broken for someone like me. He says we can never work. But his body tells another story.

I put my pride on the line for him once before.
Am I a fool to risk it again?"

My Rating: 4/5

I think that if you're reading this series it might be a good idea to start here instead of with the actual first book because I had a few moments where I was reminded that we were reading about someone's grandparents and I can't explain why that took me out of moments, but it did. I liked to better understand the characters and how this ranch turned into a racehorse training facility, and the chemistry was excellent. The age gap was a little intense, but I think it was well done overall.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment