Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Book Review: Ruins by Dan Wells

Title: Ruins
Author: Dan Wells
Series/Standalone: Partials Sequence (Book #3)
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia, Science Fiction
Pages: 464
Publisher: Balzar + Bray
Year Published: 2014
Format: Audiobook

"Kira, Samm and Marcus fight to prevent a final war between Partials and humans in the gripping final installment in the Partial Sequence, a series that combines the thrilling action of The Hunger Games with the provocative themes of Blade Runner and The Stand.

There is no avoiding it- the war to decide the fate of both humans and Partials is at hand. both sides hold in their possession a weapon that could destroy the other, and Kira Walker has precious little time to prevent that from happening. She has one chance to save both species and the world with them, but it will only come at great personal cost."

My Rating: 4.25/5

It has never been a secret that I have a hard time coming to conclusions from any series. I always think I know how they're going to wrap up and while this did follow a lot of the stepping stones I thought it would, it didn't check all the boxes I hoped for. Mainly there were a few scenes that I thought could have gone further, or were going to end in different ways that just seemed to fizzle out. Overall I loved the series and I would highly recommend it. I can't wait to read the prequel novella.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment