Sunday, February 8, 2015

Book Review: End of Days by Eric Walters



Title: End of Days
Author: Eric Walters
Series/Novel: Novel
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Pages: 316
Publisher: Doubleday Canada
Year Published: 2011
First Line: “It looked like a giant butterfly fluttering though space, the wings of its solar panels extended to gather in the power from the sun’s rays.”

“The world’s most important astrophysicists, astronomers, and mathematicians have all died within the same twelve-month period. Or so their families and friends think. What very few know is that the countdown to doomsday has begun: an asteroid is racing towards the planet, threatening to extinguish humanity as we know it. The world’s brightest minds are actually huddled together in a secret location, desperately plotting to avert a catastrophe. But it’s only when Billy, a teenage boy with rare gifts, is recruited to the cause that they can hope to prevail over evil and return themselves- and Earth- to safety.”

My Rating: 2/5

Hey readers. Today I will be reviewing End of Days by Eric Walters. This book takes place a few decades in the future when there is news that there is an asteroid headed for our planet. It focuses on two main groups different ways of confronting this problem and how both of those confrontation go. I was very interested in this book as it has to do with the story of the end of days. That’s a story that authors rarely write about as it is a horrifying thing for us to think about. To think about humanity ending as we know it is scary, but it usually makes for a good book.
This book didn’t really do anything for me. I read it, I understood it but I can’t say I enjoyed it. I found it to be bland and dry. Hard to get through. As well as not going into enough detail with the characters. The characters didn’t connect to me at all and vice versa. I would recommend this book to someone with a large interest of dystopia and space, but be prepared for a book that doesn’t really tackle emotions.
THANK YOU ERIC WALTERS FOR SHOWING THE WORLD CRUMBLING!

Thank you for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment