Friday, September 23, 2022

Review: My Low-G Life

Title: My Low-G Life
Author: Joe Henderson
Artist(s): Lee Garbett, Antonio Fabela
Series/Standalone: Skyward (Vol. 1)
Genre: Young Adult, Graphic Novels, Science Fiction
Pages: 136
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2018
Format: Paperback (Library Copy)

"One day, gravity on Earth suddenly became a fraction of what it is now. Twenty years later, humanity has adapted to its new low gravity reality. And to Willa Fowler, a woman born just after G-day, it's well, it's pretty awesome, actually. You can fly through the air! I mean, sure, you can also die if you jump too high. So you don't jump too high. And maybe don't get mixed up in your Dad's secret plan to bring gravity back that could get you killed..."

My Rating: 4.5/5

I really love this concept, it's terrifying but so fascinating. We all know that I love a dystopian universe and to see it done in a graphic novel was fantastic. I love the art style, and I think that this was a great opening volume. I can't wait to see where this series goes. I'm sure it will be an intriguing ride.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment