Monday, July 6, 2015

Book Review: After Summer by Hailey Abbott



Title: After Summer
Author: Hailey Abbott
Series/Novel: Summer Boys Series (Book #3)
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Chicklit
Pages: 163
Publisher: Alloy Entertainment
Year Published: 2006
First Line: “Beth lined up her bare toes along the edge of the platform and arched her body forward, extending her arms over the still, blue water.”

“Summer may be over; but the hook ups are hotter than ever:
Beth: George is supposed to be my boyfriend and my best friend. Now, it’s like he’s only interested in one thing- and it’s not my friendship
Ella: Unbelievable. Ryan is an even bigger player than… I am. Have I finally met my match?
Kelsi: Even though Tim is great, I still want us to wait a while. But what if I’m the only one at college who hasn’t done it yet?
Cold winds. Hot boys. Can summer love survive?”

My Rating: 4/5

This book is the first and only book from the Summer Boys series that takes place in each of the girls’ separate towns. I was surprised how much of a difference that made. While this novel showed some contact between the cousins it made it harder to follow each individual story as they did not overlap nearly enough for my liking.
That being said, I also found that this instalment in the series was completely over dramatic. It seemed as though it was repeating parts from the first two books, so it was hard to be put on edge by anything.
But truth be told, I’m a sucker for drama. I got sucked into each story and was heartbroken at times along with the girls, but also angry at the girls for doing things I never thought they would do.
I am extremely excited to read the last instalment of these books, as I want to see who ends up with who and why, etc. In all honesty, I’m hooked!
THANK YOU HAILEY ABBOTT FOR MAKING ME FEEL LIKE A TUTTLE COUSIN!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment