Saturday, July 4, 2015

Spoiler: Four by Veronica Roth

The first thing I thought when I finished this novel was that it was pure poetry, a bittersweet ending to a fantastic collection. This being said there are many of us who wish this was not the end. I suspect, sadly, that Veronica Roth may have trouble returning to the series again.
Following Four through similar struggles as Tris was fascinating. But I found it was most interesting to see Four’s life in Abnegation. His perspective on why he left, why he never became a leader and how he found out about the Erudite plans helped patch together parts I felt were missing a bit in the rest of the series.
I’m so extremely glad to have read this novel!

♥Characters♥
♥Four/Tobias: This man is strong, compassionate and quite the introvert. I found that the way he began vs. the way he came to be at the end of the third book was a huge contrast. I was shocked at the way his appearance changed, as well as the massive strides he took to controlling his own life. Although he went through so much he continued to overcome and was able to begin trusting others again.  While I often thought in Divergent that Four was acting stupidly with Tris this change of perspective helps readers understand how Four handles different situations.

♥Zeke: He’s that fun best friend you can count on to have a drink with anytime you need. I’d compare him to Chandler Bing in a moment with some of the jokes he makes. Although he makes a far better drinking buddy. It was fun to see him in a different light.

♥Shauna: It’s not easy to tell a close friend you’re interested in them in a different kind of friendship, but watching her struggle with Zeke was heartbreaking. Especially if you know the end results.


Moments to Remember
♥Final Line: “One thing I know: For helping me forget how awful the world is, I prefer her to alcohol.”

Thank you for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment