Friday, December 13, 2019

Book Review: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

15749186
Title: To All the Boys I've Loved Before 
Author: Jenny Han
Series/Standalone: To All the Boys I've Loved Before (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 355
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Year Published: 2014
Format: Audiobook

"To All the Boys I've Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all."

My Rating: 4/5

This story is just overall enjoyable. I think that it's a sweet coming of age story and so cute to read. It does handle interesting matters, as in the idea that girls get shamed for being sexually active as a teen and boys don't have any reprimands for the same thing. Overall I just loved the family aspects in this story. I think the bond between sisters isn't something you can quite understand unless you have one, but the author does a great job of describing it. I also love how awkward Lara Jean is and can relate. I would also like to be at home rather than going to a party. I'm excited to continue on with the series and to force my boyfriend into watching the Netflix adaptation.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment