Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Book Review: The Everlasting Rose

39080472

Title: The Everlasting Rose
Author: Dhonielle Clayton
Series/Standalone: The Belles Series (Book #2)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Pages: 344
Publisher: Freeform
Year Published: 2019
Format: Audiobook

"In this sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller, Camille, her sister Edel, and her guard and new love Remy must race against time to find Princess Charlotte. Sophia's Imperial forces will stop at nothing to keep the rebels from returning Charlotte to the castle and her rightful place as queen. With the help of an underground resistance movement called The Iron Ladies- a society that rejects beauty treatments entirely- and the backing of alternative newspaper The Spider's Web, Camille uses her powers, her connections and her cunning to outwit her greatest nemesis, Sophia, and restore peace to Orleans."

My Rating:  4/5

I don't know what it is about second books that just don't always do it for me. I know that it's been mentioned in the past that there will only be 2 books, for now. So I think for the time being this will remain a duology. It wrapped up in a way that could be taken to another level or left regardless. I appreciate that. That being said I wanted a bit more detail about the Iron Ladies and how they began.I was curious about how Princess Sophia became the way she did. I'm also curious about how the young belles acted and what seeing them born would be like. I still love the characters and the world. I think that the idea is unique and the world is so well throughout! I will be reading more work from Dhonielle Clayton in the future!

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment