Thursday, December 23, 2021

Review: Imperial Phase, Part 1 by Kieron Gillen


Title: Imperial Phase, Part 1
Author: Kieron Gillen
Artist(s): Jamie McKelvie, Matt Wilson, Kevin Wada
Series/Standalone: The Wicked + The Divine (Vol. 5) 
Genre: Graphic Novels, Adult
Pages: 200
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2017
Format: Paperback (Library Copy)

"The gods are free to do whatever they want. Inevitably, they do. Collects issues 23- 28 of the series, including the critically lauded Kevin Wada magazine issue."

My Rating: 3.5/5

I thought that after the last volume it would be so quick and easy to jump into this one, but the story in this one just didn't grab my attention the way I wanted it to. And while there were a few twists, they weren't unexpected. I still enjoy the art style and the plot, just hoping the next one is a bit faster-paced.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment