Friday, February 11, 2022

Review: Old Is the New New by Kieron Gillen

Title: Old Is the New New
Author: Kieron Gillen
Artist(s): Jamie McKelvie, Matt Wilson, Stephanie Hans, Andre Likma Araujo, Kris Anka
Series/Standalone: The Wicked + The Divine (Vol. 8)
Genre: Graphic Novels, Comics, Fantasy
Pages: 232
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2019
Format: Paperback Copy (Library Copy)

"Modernist poets trapped in an Agatha Christie Murder Mystery. The Romantics gathering in Lake Geneva to resurrect the dead. What really happened during the fall of Rome. The Lucifer who was a nun, hearing Ananke's Black Death confession. As we approach the end, we start to see the full picture...."

My Rating: 2/5

I just really feel that this volume was such filler. I really couldn't help but feel like this episode was dragging. I look forward to finishing the series and seeing where the final volume will take us, but I'm not sure how I feel about the series overall at this exact moment.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment