Monday, June 6, 2022

Book Review: Crave by Tracy Wolff

Title: Crave
Author: Tracy Wolff
Series/Standalone: Crave Series (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal
Pages: 592
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Year Published: 2020
Format: Audiobook

"My whole world changed when I stepped inside the academy. Nothing is right about this place or the other students in it. Here I am, a mere mortal among gods... or monsters. I still can't decide which of these warring factions I belong to if I belong at all. I only know the one thing that unites them is their hatred of me.

Then there's Jaxon Vega. A vampire with deadly secrets who hasn't felt anything for a hundred years. But there's something about him that calls to me, something broken in him that somehow fits with what's broken in me.

Which could spell death for us all.

Because Jaxon walled himself off for a reason. And now someone wants to wake a sleeping monster, and I'm wondering if I was brought here intentionally- as the bait."

My Rating: 3.25/5

This book knew exactly what it was doing, or I'm insane. Either this book was written along the lines of every book I enjoyed in 2010 on purpose, or the whole 'vintage' thing is really coming full circle. I think this book was so fun, it provided entertainment, it made me roll my eyes, and it broke the third wall on multiple occasions. It was super fun and I will be continuing reading the series, but only via audio, I think if I had to page through these 'romantic' scenes, it would have been just too much for my feeble 'mortal' heart.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment