Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Book Review: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo



Title: Six of Crows
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Series/Standalone: Six of Crows Duology (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Pages: 465
Publisher: Henry Holt & Company
Year Published: 2015
Format: Paperback Copy (Own It)
First Line: "Joost had two problems: the moon and his mustache."

"Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price- and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz Is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager
A runaway with a privileged past
A spy known as the Wraith
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction- if they don't kill each other first."

My Rating: 4.5/5

This book was such a fun read. At the request of a friend (and with her helpful purchase of a boxset) I finally started this duology. And it was excellent. Leigh Bardugo does such an excellent job of setting up character dynamics and giving each character their own distinct voice. It's something I love about her work. I also loved the premise of the story, where it fell a little short for me was the heavy leaning on a relationship that I liked when there was a trope with another relationship that I liked more right beside it. It's just a matter of preference. I do plan on continuing the series and I can't wait to see how the author takes the story after such a strong ending.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny


No comments:

Post a Comment