Saturday, January 7, 2023

Book Review: Confess by Colleen Hoover

Title: Confess
Author: Colleen Hoover
Series/Standalone: Standalone
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Pages: 320
Publisher: Atria Books
Year Published: 2015
Format: Audiobook

"Auburn Reed is determined to rebuild her shattered life and she has no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn't expect to become deeply attracted to the studio's enigmatic artist, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a chance and puts her heart in control, only to discover that Owen is hiding a huge secret. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything Auburn loves most, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it- but can she do it?"

My Rating: 2.75/5

This book was a fun and quick audiobook. I'd read another work from Colleen Hoover and she is well known in the bookish community so I thought I'd pick this up from my library's Libby app and it was a good time. Was it a literary masterpiece? Maybe not. Was it entertaining? Yes. I think if I had read the author's work at a younger age it might have appealed to me more, but as someone in her late twenties, not her early ones, this felt pretty young to me. If you are in it for the drama, I would recommend it.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment