Sunday, February 5, 2023

Book Review: Family of Liars by E. Lockhart

Title: Family of Liars
Author: E. Lockhart
Series/Standalone: We Were Liars (Prequel)
Genre: Young Adult, Thriller
Pages: 299
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Year Published: 2022
Format: Audiobook

"The prequel to We Were Liars takes readers back to the story of another summer, another generation, and the secrets that will haunt them for decades to come.

A windswept private island off the coast of Massachusetts.
A hungry ocean, churning with secrets and sorrow.
A fiery, addicted heiress. An irresistible, unpredictable boy.
A summer of unforgivable betrayal and terrible mistakes.

Welcome back to the Sinclair family.
They were always liars."

My Rating: 2/5

It has been a long time since I read We Were Liars so I don't think that I should have read this when I did. If I had reread We Were Liars and then read it it might have gotten a higher rating from me. But all in all, this felt unnecessary. I enjoy the concept, I like the idea that there is more to this family, but it just wasn't what I thought I was getting myself into.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment