Friday, June 2, 2023

Book Review: Bonded by Thorns by Elizabeth Helen


Title: Bonded by Thorns
Author: Elizabeth Helen
Series/Standalone: Beasts of the Briar (Book #1)
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Fantasy
Pages: 352
Publisher: Self-Published
Year Published: 2023
Format: Ebook (Kindle Unlimited)

"Four beastly princess. One awkward bookworm. An enchanted world of fae, magic, and danger.

I've always loved fairytales. I never imagined I'd actually be in one.

When my father wanders into the enchanted realm of the fae. I know I have to go after him. And when he gets imprisoned, I'll do anything to save him... Even trade my freedom for his. I had no idea I'd end up imprisoned by four sexy fae who turn into beasts at night.

I have to win my freedom, and that means making a bargain with them. They must find their mates in order to break the curse. If I can help them do that, they'll set me free. Sounds simple right?

It's not. Because against my better judgement, I'm starting to fall for these beastly princes. One is smart and sweet, the other mysterious and deadly, another flirty and confident, and the last prince... He's handsome, strong, has a wicked temper, and is dead-set against breaking the curse. Why does he want to keep me here forever?

But it's not just my freedom on the line. If I don't break the princes' curse soon, all the magic in the Enchanted Vale will be stolen by the evil- and stupidly hot- Prince of Thorns. And I'm not letting my princes stay cursed.

Not after I've fallen in love with them."

My Rating: 1.5/5

This was not for me. It had so many elements that I thought would work for me and then when it came down to the moment, it just didn't hit right. The way the author pulled so much from the original content often took me out of the story. The princes were interesting and I was glad to hear their P.O.V but there wasn't enough smut to make up for the lack of content for me. The plot was fine, the concept was fun it just didn't land for me. This is definitely for someone and no shame if this is one of your favorites. It just wasn't for me.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment