Saturday, September 12, 2026

Book Review: Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson

Title: Grown
Author: Tiffany D. Jackson
Series/Standalone: Standalone
Genre: Young Adult, Thriller, Contemporary
Pages: 384
Publisher: Quill Tree Books
Year Published: 2020
Format: Paperback (Own It)

"Author Tiffany D. Jackson delivers another ripped-from-the-headlines mystery that exposes horrific secrets hiding behind the limelight and embraces the power of a young woman's voice. When legendary R&B artist Korey Fields spots Enchanted Jones at an audition, her dreams of being a famous singer take flight. Until Enchanted wakes up with blood on her hands and zero memory of the previous night. Who killed Korey Fields? Before there was a dead body, Enchanted's dreams had turned into a nightmare. Because behind Korey's charm and star power was a controlling dark side. Now he's dead, the police are at the door, and all signs point to Enchanted."

My Rating: 5/5

Once again, Tiffany D. Jackson comes in with a home run of a book. I have loved every book I've read by her. It's the realness that you can see shining through the mystery/thrilling elements. It's the reality of the characters' lives; it's the twists and turns, etc. It's the storytelling. The ability to show the faults in our society and our current state in a way that gives hope for the future. It's the twists, the turns, and the shock that I'm always left sitting with as I binge-read the last 50 pages. I can't wait to read the next book by this author. 

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment