Sunday, September 21, 2014

Spoiler: #16ThingsIThoughtWereTrue by Janet Gurtler

Hey guys! So this book follows Morgan’s journey through the summer before her senior year. It shows how she finds her father, makes real friends and deals with ‘haters’. I thought it was an interesting pull to young readers, but it just wasn’t for me. Twitter has never really held much for me. I don’t really find it interesting and I think it’s kind of creepy to be honest. I didn’t think it would ever become the thing for people to use, but slowly it has. I think the reason I didn’t really enjoy this book though was that all the events seemed obvious way before they happened.

Characters:
♥Morgan: She seemed to be really naïve about life. She thought that everything revolved around her and I admit having a video like hers posted online would make you think that, especially when people make fun of you at work. But if it wasn’t for the video she would have never met Amy, or talked to Adam so really that video helped her out. It’s awful that she had to go all the way to BC to find out that her dad didn’t know about her all along, actually it’s awful.

♥Adam: Ok, lying about a girlfriend is probably the worst thing to do in these scenarios. Seriously? I think that Adam fell for Morgan instantly after he saw the real her and that it scared the crap out of him. I loved that they ended up together, but it would make work more than a little bit awkward.

♥Amy: She was awesome. I liked that she just was who she was and didn’t try to be anything else. The only thing she really hid was that she had had cancer previously and do you blame her? You wouldn’t want someone to treat you different. I wasn’t all that surprised when she passed away though. It just seemed like the direction the book would take.

♥Morgan’s Mother: I can’t imagine hiding from your child that her father didn’t desert her but rather he had no idea she existed. That seems pretty harsh. I can see why she chose not to tell Bob but the least she could be was up front with Morgan as she got older.

♥Bob: I think he really missed the prime time he could have been in Morgan’s life. Not that it was his fault. But he also could have reacted better when he found out. It was completely rude to just literally run off like he did.


Moments to Remember:
♥Pg. 46
“’I guess you don’t have a future in medicine.’
‘Not unless I become a drug addict.’:

♥Pg. 82
“’How about we don’t want a bunch of male junk in the car?’ Never mind a room,’ I tell him.
‘My junk?’ He glances down at his crotch.
‘God. Not that junk. Gross. Just, you know, junk. Boy junk.’
‘I like boy junk,’ Amy says.”

♥Final Line: “And then I wiggle my ass.”

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment