Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Spoiler: The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

This was my favourite book in this series. So there’s how I feel about it. I’m sure someone will manage to poke holes in it. I think that this book brought a lot to the Goddess Test. I felt more in tune with the characters. I’m not saying that I agree with everything all the characters do, but at least I understood what had happened in their lives to make them view things a certain way. I also have found that when used right this kind of novella helps readers understand so many things.

♥Characters♥
♥Calliope: I felt awful when I found out about her life, but there’s not much you can do when someone doesn’t love you in return you just have to move on. It’s really to bad that she chose to move on with the wrong guy. Man Walter is just a player. I knew that he had many affairs and everything, but I never would have thought he would have made Calliope stay through it all. And after he threw Hephaestus of Olympus? That would have been it. I would have been done. Without a doubt. This doesn’t mean it’s ok what she did to those 11 girls and tried to Kate, but it explains a lot.
♥Ava: I liked Ava a lot more before I read this than after I read it. Maybe that’s because I didn’t understand the bond that she had with Ares and Hephaestus. In my books that’s wrong, but I guess it makes sense that Aimee Carter tried to keep true to the myth. I do feel bad for Hephaestus though to have to put up with that. It doesn’t make sense to me but hey whatever works for them I guess. How she acted with Persephone though was just silly and very spoiled.
♥Persephone: I was very interested in this story. We don’t get to see much of her because of how she and Henry ended. You know how she died and everything. But I can see why she didn’t want to be with Henry. She didn’t know who she was yet and who she wanted to be. You shouldn’t force someone… period. But what she did with James was wrong. Hopefully she made the right choice.
♥James: I was pretty upset with him about the whole Persephone thing but it’s not his fault that she was forced to marry someone she didn’t want to be with. Not one bit. And for them to try to discard him just for that? That’s ridiculous! He deserved to be with someone like Tuck.
♥Henry: I can understand why he would want to fade, especially after what happened with Ingrid. But it’s a good thing he stuck around! Hopefully the deaths of the others don’t haunt him forever.
♥ Walter: Surprisingly a huge jerk!!!
♥ Ares: I think that he and Ava were cute. WERE but he was just too hot and cold for her.
♥ Hephaestus: He is a much better match for Ava he had patience and cared enough to try and win her affection. Although the way he did it was not the best thought up plan.
♥ Tuck: I loved Tuck. Even though we didn’t get to know her character long she was a very strong emotional tie to the book. I cried when she died and then just sat there with my jaw open like I was catching flies.
♥Ingrid: I think that Ingrid would have certainly been the one for Hades if it wasn’t for Calliope.


♥Moments to Remember♥
♥Pg. 101
“See, secrets mean someone wants to keep something hidden, and the things people keep hidden are usually the most interesting parts of who they are. Afraid of the ocean? Totally telling. Six toes? All kinds of brilliant. Lusting after your niece? Majorly creepy.”

♥Pg. 274
“’Unless…’ Her fingers danced over the parchment, an inch from my knee. ‘Someone kind, generous, thoughtful and extremely beautiful covered for you.’
I raised an eyebrow. ‘Do you think someone like that actually exists?’”

♥Pg. 323
“A shuddering sob escaped me, and I gently cradled her body. I’d failed her. Because of me, she was dead, and I’d lost the one friend I’d had in a very, very long time. That agony and guilt swirled around inside me, compounding my grief for a girl I’d barely known two days. But time didn’t’ mean a damn thing when it came to love….”

♥Final Line: “And when she was ready for it, he would be, too.”

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment