Friday, June 15, 2018

Spoiler: Scythe by Neal Shusterman

I've heard so many amazing things about this book on booktube, but I wonder how much of that is due to paid promotion with other publishers. I think that this is definitely for some people but I did have some issues here and there. During the first plot twist, while I was surprised I didn't feel as heartbroken as I think I was supposed to. I also have been getting very annoyed with unnecessary love interests. All that being said, I am still really interested in the world and the way things are run. I also loved the format with the journal entries in between.

Characters:
Citra: I liked her character but I didn't love her. I think that she was stubborn in a good way and willing to stand up for the right thing. I can't wait to see how her granted immunity will work out for Rowan.

Rowan: I think that his experience is important to note. It was shocking to see that someone who was so into "gleaning" had made their way into this society and was in control of such a vast group. It broke my heart to see him lose Volta and those around him.

Scythe Farraday: I liked the way that he gleaned and did it based on past statistics but in some sense that was slightly less compassionate than others.

Scythe Currie: Her method made the most sense to me. After an eternity of living there must be a time where you feel like you are done and ready to move on with your life.

Scythe Goddard: He was a scary reality. That if this happened there might not be a way to weed out the people who are killers and take joy in taking lives. His methods were frightening, to say the least.

Xenocrates: I'm curious about his past, as well as how he chose Goddard as a Scythe and allowed him to be ordained into this world.

Moments to Remember:

Final Line: "The way he once did."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment