Saturday, February 2, 2019

Spoiler: Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman

This series is so raved about in the book community. And I just don't get it. 
There let that shatter everyone's expectation of what I'd think. A few people told me after I didn't love Scythe that I just had to read Thunderhead and I would be so much more engaged. And I do think that this book was better for me, but I don't think that it was amazing. I enjoyed it overall. I love the idea of there being AI that is governing humans but refuses to kill them an live up to their fear. I also think the idea of different scythe followings is interesting as well. Should Scythes feel burdened by their responsibility or embrace it?
I still think that the romance is unnecessary, the characters could have remained friends and the story would have the same outlook.  I also find the length to be a problem. It's just too long for the content for me. 

Characters:

Scythe Anastasia: I really like her character and the way she chose to glean people. I was just disappointed that she seemed to still think so romantically about Rowan. There is no way that they were that in love. Maybe in friendship but I don't think that their romance is true or good... sorry for anyone who loves it. I do wonder if she will bring around a different belief system whenever her and Rowan are found.

Rowan: I think Scythe Lucifer was badass. I loved the name and the way he took the rules and made them his own. He was breaking the rules but for a good reason. I do wonder what will happen to him when they are found. I'm guessing he'll be sacrificed sooner or later.

Scythe Curie: This part really upset me. To finally have someone who would help the Midmerica Scythedom in charge and then loose her so suddenly it broke my heart. I was proud of her final actions as she stayed true to her beliefs and remained strong for those around her.

Scythe Goddard: This son of a bitch is back and as bad as ever. I do hate him and think that he is pure evil, especially now that he's snatched a new body for himself. I think that he would have thought of this idea for himself although Rand apparently did it herself. Will he take over the Scythedom or will it fall.

Scythe Rand: I think she regretted her choice as soon as he was back. She seemed annoyed with him more than anything throughout his inquest and arrivals. I wonder if she will turn on him.

Greyson: Greyson's character might be my favourite overall. His life before the Thunderhead truly intervened was sad, but he was making his way through the world before unforeseeable actions changed his life. I'm curious how the Thunderhead talking only to him will affect his life. 

Thunderhead: I think that it is a character and that might be debated by some people. I think that it's understanding of the world is always changing and now that Endura has sunk I wonder how it will change its rules and laws for the future. 

Farraday: Almost forgot about his mission and what they might have found I'm so super curious.


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment