Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Book Review: Archenemies by Marissa Meyer


35425827. sx318
Title: Archenemies
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series/Standalone: Renegades Trilogy (Book #2)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Science Fiction
Pages: 560
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Year Published: 2018
Format: Audiobook 

"The Renegades Trilogy continues, in this fiercely awaited second installment after the New York Times- bestselling Renegades by Marissa Meyer, author of the Lunar Chronicles.

Time is running out.
Together, they can save the world.
But they each other's worst nightmare.

In Renegades, Nova and Adrian (aka Insomnia and Sketch) fought the battle of their lives against the Anarchist known as the Detonator. It was a short-lived victory.

The Anarchists still have a secret weapon, one Nova believes will protect her. The Renegades also have a strategy for overpowering the Anarchists, but both Nova and Adrian understand that it could mean the end of Gatlon City- and the world- as they know it."

My Rating: 4.25/5

I was unsure whether or not I would enjoy this installment in the series. I was just ok with the first one, but couldn't shake the way it reminded me of other superhero work that I'd read in the past. That being said, the last book I read physically but finished with the audiobook. I knew that the audiobook helped me keep the characters straight and helped me to better enjoy the story. I really enjoyed this story. I think that the exploration of good and evil is always interesting and this novel is no exception. I enjoyed getting to know more of the characters and beginning to understand more of the changes in the city over time. I think the history of the city is a real highlight in this second book. I can't wait to listen to the third book and look forward to seeing how the characters intertwine in the last novel. 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny


No comments:

Post a Comment