Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Reread Thoughts: Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard


23174274
Title: Glass Sword
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series/Standalone: Red Queen Series (Book #2)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Science Fiction
Pages: 444
Publisher: HarperTeen
Year Published: 2016
Format: Hardcover (Own it)
First Line: "I flinch."

"If there's one thing Mare Barrow knows, it's that she's different.

Mare Barrow's blood is red- the color of the common folk- but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control.

The crown calls her an impossibility, a fake, but she makes her escape from Maven, the prince- the friend- who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind.

Pursued by Maven, now vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and-Silver fighters to join in the struggle against her oppressors.

But Mare finds herself on a deadly path, a risk of becoming exactly the kind of monster she is trying to defeat.

Will she shatter under the weight of the lives that are the cost of rebellion? Or have treachery and betrayal hardened her forever?

The electrifying next installment in the Red Queen series escalates the struggle between the growing rebel army and the blood-segregated world they've always known- pits Mare against the darkness that has grown in her soul."

My New Rating: 4.5/5

This is kind of a surprise for me. We all know that this is one of my favourite series of all time. And I know it's not the most original but find any YA book that is 100% original and I'll be surprised. I had to change my rating due to the fact that it took me so long to finish this, that being said this is my 3rd reread of this book and I still found the ending emotional and so gripping. I can't wait to continue my reread and finish the series.I love the characters, setting and the idea of questioning good vs. evil. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment