Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Book Review: The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black


44428899
Title: The Queen of Nothing
Author: Holly Black
Series/Standalone: The Folk of Air Series (Book #3)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Pages: 308
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Year Published: 2019
Format: Audiobook

"He will be the destruction of the crown and the ruination of the throne.

Power is much easier to acquire than it is to hold on to. Jude learned that lesson when she released her control over the wicked king, Cardan, in exchange for immeasurable power.

Now, as an exiled mortal Queen of Faerie, Jude is left reeling from Cardan's betrayal. She bides her time, determined to reclaim everything he took from her. Opportunity arrives in the form of her deceptive twin sister, Taryn, whose mortal life is in peril.

Jude must risk venturing back into the treacherous Faerie Court, and confront her lingering feelings for Cardan if she wishes to save her sister. But Elfhame is not as she left it. War is brewing. As Jude slips deep within enemy lines, she becomes ensnared in the conflict's bloody politics.

And when a terrible curse is unleashed, panic spreads throughout the land, forcing her to choose between her ambition and her humanity...."

My Rating: 3.75/5

I know that for lovers of this series this book was not a lot of people's favourites. But I really enjoyed it. I felt more connected to the characters and although there were plot lines that I wished had been further developed, I enjoyed the story overall. I think that this cast of characters goes through so much growth and there is such a great plot that it was a good series. That being said, I don't think that I will be purchasing the whole series for my personal collection, I've read it once and that was enough for me. I loved the angsty aspects of the story especially and look forward to perhaps reading more by Holly Black in the future. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment