Friday, December 4, 2020

Review: Alex + Ada Vol. 2 by Jonathan Luna



 Title: Alex + Ada Vol. 2
Author: Jonathan Luna
Artist(s): Sarah Vaughn
Series/Standalone: Alex + Ada (Book #6- 10)
Genre: Graphic Novel, Science Fiction, Adult
Pages: 128
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2015
Format: Ebook (Library Copy)

"Tensions rise between humans and robots in this sci-fi/drama set in the near future. Alex took a huge risk to unlock Ada and it seems to have paid off- Ada can now think of herself and explore life as a sentient android. As Alex and Ada spend more time together, they become closer. But as restrictions tighten on androids, Ada feels unsure about her place in Alex's life and the world."

My Rating: 2.5/5

I think what's really getting me down in these graphic novels is the art style, it's just not one that I gravitate towards. The storyline is interesting to me, and in some ways reminds me of a lot of plot points in Detriot: Become Human, the video game. I will say that our main character is just very bland. Other than a mysterious woman from his past there isn't much that intrigues me about him. I do plan on finishing the trilogy in the near future just for the fun of it, but I don't know if I will pick anything from the author again unless I need a guilty pleasure read.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment