Saturday, May 14, 2022

Review: Reagan Youth by Rick Remender

Title: Reagan Youth
Author: Rick Remender
Artist(s): Wes Craig, Lee Loughridge
Genre: Graphic Novel, Fiction, Crime
Pages: 160
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2014
Format: Paperback Copy

"It's 1987. Marcus Lopez hates school. His grade sucks. The jocks are hassling his friends. he can't focus in class. But the jocks are the children of Joseph Stalin's top assassin, the teachers are members of an ancient league of assassins, the class he's failing is 'Dismemberment 101' and his crush has a double-digit body count. Welcome to the most brutal high school on earth, where the world's top crime families send the next generation of assassins to be trained. Murder is an art. Killing is a craft. At Kings Dominion School for the Deady Arts, the dagger in your back isn't always metaphorical."

My Rating: 1/5

I love trying different graphic novels on a whim. Sometimes those graphic novels are winners and other times, they just aren't for you. This one fell into the latter category. It just wasn't what I expected it to be. It was a lot of drugs, and a bit of killing. I was hoping for those two things to be switched. I doubt I'll continue the series, but I may be persuaded if someone can tell me it gets a lot better. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment