Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Review: The Arrow by James Tynion IV

Title: The Arrow
Author: James Tynion
Artist(s): Michael Dialynas
Series/Standalone: The Woods (Vol. 1)
Genre: Graphic Novel, Science Fiction, Young Adult
Pages: 128
Publisher: BOOM! Studio
Year Published: 2014
Format: Paperback 

"On October 16, 2013, 437 students, 52 teachers and 24 additional staff from Bay Point Preparatory High School in suburban Milwaukee, WI vanished without a trace. Countless light years away, far outside the bounds of the charted universe, 513 people find themselves in the middle of an ancient, primordial wilderness. Where are they? Why are they there? The answers will prove stranger than anyone could possibly imagine."

My Rating: 2/5

A very basic first instalment in an older graphic novel series, I am intrigued to keep going and follow where the plot takes us. But things that I think were meant to gather my focus and add to the atmosphere didn't work for me. I will continue on, but I'm hoping for more in the next installment. The art was enjoyable, the characters were where it lacked so far, but I look forward to seeing how they grow as I continue on.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment