Monday, May 22, 2023

Book Review: Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan

Title: Wicked Saints
Author: Emily A. Duncan
Series/Standalone: Something Dark and Holy (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pages: 385
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Year Published: 2019
Format: Audiobook (Own Hardcover)

"Some stories are so beautiful, so brutal, that they claw at your heart and refuse to let go. Welcome to the world of Wicked Saints- an epic, passionate novel that you won't soon forget. Prepare to meet:

A GIRL named Nadya, who hears the whisper of the gods inside her head. 

A PRINCE surrounded by desperate suitors and deadly assassins. 

A MONSTER hidden behind pale, tortured eyes- and a smile that cuts like a knife.

The paths of these three characters become entwined during a centuria-long war filled with sinners and saints, magic and mystery, and a star-crossed romance that threatens to tip the scales between dark and light... forever."

My Rating: 5/5

I would like to note that my thoughts on this book are not my thoughts on the author. When I read this book I didn't realize how controversial this author is. I don't agree with the actions she has taken this review is fully based on her work that I read. 

I really enjoyed this high fantasy-style story and I loved the characters. I think that this author played on a trope that I really enjoyed, two love interests that fill the tropes I enjoy. I also enjoyed the idea of the different magic systems. There were some plot points that I assume would be filled in the next book (I have not decided whether or not I am reading the next in the series). I enjoyed the excerpts from the Book of Saints, and I found that the audiobook was a great way to consume this story. I would recommend picking up the audiobook is your local library has a copy.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment