Monday, August 7, 2023

Book Review: Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney

Title: Rock Paper Scissors
Author: Alice Feeney
Series/Standalone: Standalone
Genre: Adult Fiction, Thriller
Pages: 294
Publisher: Flatiron Books
Year Published:2021
Format: Audiobook

"Think you know the person you married? Think again?

Things have been wrong with Mr. and Mrs. Wright for a long time. When Adam and Amelia win a weekend away in Scotland, it might be just what their marriage needs. Self-confessed workaholic and screenwriter Adam Wright has lived with face blindness his whole life. He can't recognize friends or family, or even his own wife.

Every anniversary the couple exchange traditional gifts- paper, cotton, pottery, tin and each year Adam's wife writes him a letter that she never lets him read. Until now. They both know this weekend will make or break their marriage, but they didn't randomly win this trip. One of them is lying, and someone doesn't want them to live happily ever after.

Ten years of marriage. Ten years of secrets and an anniversary they will never forget."

My Rating: 4/5

This wasn't what I thought it was going to be at all but I'm kind of glad for that. I ended up listening to the audiobook in one sitting (road trip anyone?) and it kept me hooked. I didn't feel the need to skip off it, but when we did get to the end I did kind of feel let down. There were still bits and pieces that surprised me and the atmosphere was excellently written. The atmosphere felt very similar to the shining to me so if that's something that interests you I would recommend it. I do hope to read more from the author, any recommendations of what to pick up next?

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment