Sunday, October 22, 2023

Book Review: The Ritual by Shantel Tessier

Title: The Ritual 
Author: Shantel Tessier
Series/Standalone: The L.O.R.D.S Series (Book #1)
Genre: Dark Romance, New Adult, Fiction
Pages: 628
Publisher: Self-Published
Year Published: 2021
Format: Ebook (Kindle Unlimited)
First Line: "A Lord takes his oath seriously."

"THE CHOSEN ONE

I vow. You vow. We vow.

Barrington University is home of the Lords, a secret society that requires their blood in payment. They are above all- the most powerful men in the world. They devote their lives to violence in exchange for power. And during their senior year, they are offered a chosen one.

People think growing up with money is freeing, but I promise you, it's not. My entire life has been planned out for me. I never got the chance to do what I wanted until Ryat Alexander Archer came along and gave me an option for a better life. He offered me what no one else ever had- freedom.

I chose to be his. He made me believe that anyway, but it was just another lie. A way that the Lords manipulate you into doing what they want.

After being sucked into the dark, twisted world of the Lords, I embraced my new role and allowed Ryat to parade me around like the trophy I was to him. But like all things, what started out as a game soon became a fight for survival. And the only way out was death."

My Rating: 3.75/5

This book has trigger warnings a mile long so please before you read any dark romance find a trigger warning list and make sure that the content is something you feel safe to consume. That being said this book was really fun for a dark romance, the plot went so many different directions, the spicey scenes were insane, and the world was fascinating. Was it a literary classic, probably not. Would I read it again? Absolutely. I will be continuing on with the series. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment