Monday, October 9, 2023

Review: Something is Killing the Children Volume 6

Title: Something is Killing the Children Volume 6
Author: James Tynion IV
Illustrator: Werther Dell'Edera
Series/Standalone: Something is Killing the Children Series (Vol. 6)
Genre: Graphic Novel, Horror, Adult Fiction
Pages: 144
Publisher: BOOM! Studios
Year Published:  2023
Format: Paperback Copy (Library Copy)

"With the last person in her corner gone and a ruthless agent from the Order of St. George closing in, Erica Slaughter finds herself alone and without a prayer. Can she take on this horrific new monster plaguing the small town of Tribulation, New Mexico by herself, or is this the end of her story? Erica is faced with a choice to reach out to an unexpected source for help, or find herself dealing with both a monster and her human enemies alone... Erica Slaughter faces her deadliest challenge yet in the next volume of the Eisner-winning and Harvey Award-nominated series from GLAAD Award-winning author James Tynion IV...."

My Rating: 3/5

This volume was fine for me, but I think because I can no longer binge the series, I'm starting to lose hold of the plot. I would be interested in reading it all once it's completed but for now, I will be taking a break from the series. The ideas are excellent, the art style is fascinating and the characters are dynamic. Lots to like, just not my favourite.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny


No comments:

Post a Comment