Saturday, March 16, 2024

Book Review: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata

Title: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Author: Mariana Zapata
Series/Standalone: Standalone
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Adult Fiction
Pages: 475
Publisher: Avon
Year Published: 2016
Format: Audiobook

"Vanessa Mazur knows she's doing the right thing. She shouldn't feel bad for quitting. being an assistant/housekeeper/fairy godmother to the top defensive end in the National Football Organization was always supposed to be temporary. She has plans and none of them include washing extra-large underwear longer than necessary.

But when Aiden Graves shows up at her door wanting her to come back, she's beyond shocked.

For two years, the man known as The Wall of Winnipeg couldn't find it in him to tell her good morning or congratulate her on her birthday. Now? He's asking for the unthinkable.

What do you say to the man who is used to getting everything he wants?"

My Rating: 3/5

This is not what I anticipated when I picked up this novel. I notice this book has been marketed to be a lot spicier than it is. While there is one sex scene, it isn't a lot throughout the book. Although it did hit on some of my favourite tropes, the writing style felt a bit off-pace to me. I did enjoy the character overall and I would read more from the author.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment