Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Spoiler: Hanging On To Max by Margaret Bechard

To repeat myself I thought this was in general a good book, I loved the message I got from it, but as usual there were a few things I didn't care for. The message I got from this book was 'What is easy isn't always right, and what's right isn't always easy.' Being a parent in general is hard job, nevermind being a teenager yourself and parenting. I can't imagine, but this book show's readers a glimpse of what this bumpy road is like. Now for the part I didn't like. The timing in this book was all over the place. I couldn't tell how time was passing. It bother me, especially at the end, before the reunion. To short of a book as well, in my opinion.

Characters:
♥Sam- I think that Sam is brave. being a single parent isn't easy, especially not during high school . Watching him struggle is difficult, but I think I was disappointed when he gave Max up for adoption. But he wasn't able to give Max everything he deserves.

♥Claire- She's a confusing character for me. I think the fact that she thinks parenthood is so simple makes her more than a bit naive. She has help where many people don't. As well she seems to want to act like a big happy family with Sam, but they're still kids themselves.

♥Brittaney- we don't actually meet this character but she seems to have aharder time than some might believe.

♥Sam's Dad- I think he's too tough on Sam. Sam took responsibility for his action. He tries his best, but maybe it was for the best to let Max go. Not to mention how hard he was on him for taking the SATs, when Sam had every right too!


A Moment to Remember:
♥Pg. 96
"'He's bilingual,' Claire said. 'He talks duck.'
 'Bap!' Max shouted louder, and just for a second, the ducks all shut up."

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment