Saturday, March 29, 2014

Book Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter



Title: The Goddess Test
Author: Aimée Carter
Series: Goddess Test (Book #1)
Genre: Fantasy, Mythology, Young Adult
Pages: 293
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Year Published: 2011
First Line: “‘How did it happen this time?’”

“Every gil who has taken the test has died.
Now it’s Kate’s turn.
It’s always been just Kate and her mom- and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate’s going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won’t live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld- and if she accepts his bargain, he’ll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he’s crazy- until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she’ll become Henry’s future bride, and a goddess.
If she fails…”

My Rating: 5/5

I can’t keep this inside. I loved this book. It was excellent and even more than I hoped it to be. It included an amazing group of characters, suspense, romance and so many amazing themes. When I was younger I had read Percy Jackson and fallen in love with the idea of Greek Mythology taking place in the present and this book is like Percy Jackson but for the next generation. At least that’s how I would describe it to fellow readers. I loved this book so much that half way through it I went online and ordered the next book in the series. Should be here the 10th of April and I can hardly wait to pick it up and start reading it. I think that this book was a great one for young adults because of how it reminds us to use our imagination. The detail in this book was so incredible that I was often sitting in my room reading it, and just yelling at the characters (that’s a good thing for me) I don’t know if that makes sense. Anyone out there that can back me up? I hope so! Not that crazy, I swear. I would suggest this book to anyone looking for suspense, romance mixed with some mythology. Please check it out and tell me what you think.
THANK YOU AIMEE CARTER FOR REMINDING ME WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MYTHOLOGY AND THE OLYMPIONS!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment