Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spoiler: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Hey guys, happy Saturday! This spoiler is all about The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter. A truly amazing read. I think that this book helped me fall in love with my imagination again. For a while I’d been having trouble reading because my brain was just so tired by the end of the day but this book I could hardly put down. I had it with me at every lunch and coffee break at work and read it as soon as I got home. I can’t wait to see what Aimee Carter has in store for us as readers in the next book. One thing I think is really important to mention is the setting. Although we don’t spend a lot of time in Eden itself (well because it doesn’t actually exists, surprise right?) We do spend a lot of time in Eden Manor. In my mind I imagine it like a castle-ish house with so many rooms that you could easily get lost in. I was hoping to hear more about the libraries in this place, but maybe in the next book. That way my book nerd personality can have that to fantasize about continually.

♥Characters♥
♥Kate: At first I had trouble with this name simply because of my sister and how obsessed she is with Percy Jackson and myths right now, but after a few chapters it was easy to forget about and put this character in the spotlight regardless of her name. I feel like this character has been through so much in her life and we only get to glimpse the end of it, but she remains strong for her mother no matter what. I was so happy that she finally fell in love with Henry I was sitting her yelling at them just to get married already because they were so obviously in love with each other. I did think that in the end we all got shocked with her when we found out that the gods and goddesses were the workers around the manor, I wonder how that will play out in the second book, and especially when she got her mother back. I cried. I won’t lie to you. I hope that she has a good summer but doesn’t forget about her fantastic husband. So many more things I could say but then this would just get into too much of a rant.
♥Henry: Ok so I fell in love with him right away. I couldn’t help myself. He was just so hurt from Persephone that I wanted to fix him and make him better and yeah Kate did just that. I think it must have been hard for him to marry Persephone’s sister though. Wouldn’t that be weird? But I guess they call each other brothers and sisters anyway. I felt awful when he almost lost Kate because not only would he fade but he would have lost the only person who has ever said that they loved him. Speaking of which, did anyone else’s heart break in that moment? Mine cracked.
♥Diana: I can’t imagine lying to your daughter that way, but really what choice did she have. I do wonder what James meant when he said that they’re relationship would change? Why? Because she lost her mortal body, or because Kate is now an immortal as well? Thoughts?
♥Ava: Although she is vain, and once we found out she was a goddess easily enough to identify as Aphrodite, she was a true friend to Kate through all of this. I think that she will still be one of her closest friends through this whole series. At least I hope so.
♥James: I feel bad for him being caught in the friendzone but why would he let himself fall for someone he could never have? It must be that male thing, wanting what they can’t have. I hope he finds happiness though. He deserves it.
♥Calliope: Just before she tried killing Kate I thought it might be her, but the author definitely had me convinced that it couldn’t be her and wham there she was, the jealous, evil, beepedy beep beep that almost ruined everything. Grrr… feel my reader wrath.

♥Moments to Remember♥
♥Pg. 25
“Was that what this was about? She wanted to find me a boyfriend so Dylan would leave me alone? ‘I don’t date.’
Ava’s mouth dropped open. ‘Really?’
‘Really.’”

♥Pg. 91
“’I don’t wear dresses,’ I said through a clenched jaw. ‘Ever.’”

♥Pg. 143
“’Nice to meet you, too,’ I said. ‘Ava talked about you a lot.’
 ‘I do not,’ protested Ava. She looked at Theo and frowned. ‘I don’t.’
‘She does,’ I said, and Theo grinned.”

♥Pg.192
“’Don’t take this the wrong way, but since it’s Christmas and all.. would you stay with me tonight?’
 His eyes widened a fraction of an inch, and I quickly shook my head, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment.
‘Not like that. You’ve got to earn that and it costs more than just a picture, y’know.’ My weak attempt at a joke managed to break the tension enough to get him to crack an apologetic smile. ‘But could you just stay… for tonight?’”

♥Pg. 258
“He held up the deck of cards. ‘Shall we? I hear the sixth time is the charm.’
I rolled my eyes. ‘Maybe you’ll win when hell freezes over.’
He raised an eyebrow. ‘That could easily be arranged.’”

♥Pg. 291
“’I know it’s the end,’ I said, placing a hand on the raised dirt. ‘I’ve known that for a long time.’
 ‘No, it’s not,’ said James, moving to stand beside me. ‘It’s the beginning.’”

♥Last Line: “I may not have planned on living forever, but now that I was, Iwas going to make the most of every moment.”

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment