Sunday, November 23, 2014

Book Review: 40 Things I Want to Tell You by Alice Kuipers

Title: 40 Things I Want To Tell You
Author: Alice Kuipers
Series/Novel: Novel
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 283
Publisher: HarperTrophyCanada
Year Published: 2012
First Line: “‘There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you.’ I leaned back in my desk chair, resting the phone between my cheek and my ear, and doodled on the pad of paper by my computer.”

“Top Tip:
Some secrets are too hard to keep
Amy (a.k.a. Bird) seems to have the perfect life: loving parents, a hot boyfriend, the best friend ever. She even writes an online advice column, full of Top Tips, to help other teens take control of their lives. But after a new guy shows up at school, Bird can’t seem to follow her own wisdom.
Pete is the consummate bad boy. He’s everything Bird is not: wild, unambitious and more than a little dangerous. Although she knows Pete’s trouble, Bird can’t stay away. And the more drawn she is to him, the more cracks are revealed in her relationship with Griffin, he doting boyfriend. All it takes is one mistake, one momentary loss of control, for her entire future to be blown away.”

My Rating: 2/5

Hi ladies and gents, long time no write. It’s been to long for my liking and I am finally able to find some time to do a review again. The book I’m reviewing today, 40 Things I Want To Tell You , follows the story of Amy or, as she’s referred to throughout most of the book, Birdy throughout her 6th form. It has some interesting aspects as Birdy also happens to be an online advice, but all in all I found this book to be extremely predictable. This book did not catch me off guard at all and in fact, it took me so long to finish as I was bored with it. The characters were not very well developed and the main character didn’t seem to be very competent. It was frustrating to see something so obvious as a reader and have to wait till the end of the book till Birdy finally realized what was going on.
One good thing I would like to mention about the book is that, it takes place in an interesting setting. I’ve never been to England and it was interesting to read with some other words and picture where Birdy lived, went to school, etc. That was an interesting aspect to this novel.
THANK YOU ALICE KUIPERS FOR LETTING ME EXPLORE A LITTLE BIT OF LONDON!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment