Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Book Review: Matched by Ally Condie

Title: Matched
Author: Ally Condie
Series/Novel: Matched (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia, Romance
Pages: 366
Publisher: Speak, an imprint of Penguin Group
Year Published: 2010
First Line: “Now that I’ve found the way to fly, which direction should I go into the night?”

Cassia has always trusted the society’s choices.
And when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia is certain he is the one... until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.
Now she is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one dares follow… between perfection and passion.
Society matched them, but love set them free.
In society officials decide
Who you love.
Where you work.
When you die.”
My Rating: 5/5

I guess I’m finally admitting it. I love dystopia. I know that it’s a strange love because dystopia is all about the what if’s of our society, but that’s precisely why I enjoy it so much. Who's to say that our society won’t fall into The Society. This book brought on different subjects for readers. A place that seems calm and perfect. A place where people follow the rules and don’t get hurt. But just for one minute, what if you didn’t want to just follow, what if you wanted to choose? That’s unheard off, isn’t it?
This book follows the change of following to choosing, from being subconscious to fully conscious. Cassia is learning things that others may have waited years to discover. It interests me to the fullest. 
I must say that this book being a romance wasn’t something I was interested in but considering the subject materials and the choices The Society makes for you it all makes
perfect sense that love should be anticipated and awaited. The only questions is who's the love of her life truly? And if there is not only one what in the world will she chose?
THANK YOU ALLY CONDIE FOR A DIFFERENT DYSTOPIA BASED ON THE NEED OF CHOICE!

Thank you for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment