Sunday, April 3, 2016

Book Review: Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard



Title: Cruel Crown
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series/Novel: Red Queen Series (Prequelish)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Dystopian
Pages: 142
Publisher: HarperTeen
Year Published: 2015
First Line: "As usual, Julian gave her a book."

"Two women on either side of the silver and red divide tell the stories no one else knows. 
Queen Song:
Queen Coriane, first wife of King Tiberias, keeps a secret diary, how else can she ensure that no one at the palace will use her thoughts against her? Coriane recounts her heady courtship with the crown prince, the birth of a new prince, Cal, and the potentially deadly challenges that lie ahead for her in royal life.
Steel Scars:
Captain Farley was raised to be strong, but being tasked with planting the seeds of rebellion in Norta is a tougher job then expected. As she travels the land recruiting black market traders, smugglers, and extremists for her first attempt at an attack on the capital. , she stumbles upon a connection that may prove to be the key to the entire operation- Mare Barrow."

My Rating: 5/5

So to begin with, this book is two separate Novellas Queen Song and Steel Scars as mentioned above. Each other them shows different aspects of this futuristic world.
My only regret while reading this book is that I didn't savour it for long, because now I have no new Red Queen material to hold me over until the next book comes out. This book was very impressive. It really filled in the gaps of what happened before Mare entered the castle and how Cal's parent met. I thought that was very interesting to see how the Silvers interact with each other and how Elara worked her way into the whole scenario. 
The second novella really followed Farley's entrance into Norta and how she worked the Scarlet Guard into the country. I thought that that was an interesting way to look at Farley. I find myself sometimes forgetting that she's younger than I assume. 
I hope that the next Red Queen book is just as incredible and so far I have no doubts! I'm excited to see what will happen after the ending of Glass Sword. I also wonder if Victoria Aveyard has any other half novellas waiting for us in the future.
Tell me what you want to see and if you're enjoying this series so far.
THANK YOU VICTORIA AVEYARD FOR SHOWING US THE IN BETWEEN!

Thanks for reading,
Love
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment