Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spoiler: We Were Liars by E. Lockheart

There is a reason that this book was a best book 2 years ago. Shit, it's still so good now. I think that this is one of the best contemporary books I've read in a while, as I've really been in to dystopia and fantasy. This book. Hot DANG! This book had such an incredible flow to it. It moves through different times in a way that better explains and unfolds the story. It also holds such beautiful metaphors. Maybe beautiful is the wrong word, but the metaphors are perfect and help you to feel exactly how the character is feeling in that moment.
Really they were just kids and they got in over their heads. Although they were doing it for the right reasons, things really got out of hand and the price was paid.

Characters:
Cadence: Dang this girl has had a lot to deal with. And that ending am I right? I think that the way she coped with everything that has gone on in her life makes total sense. The things that lead up to her accident. The way that her father leaves her family and how she is told to buck up and carry on surprised me but really set the tone for how this book was going to go. I also think that the way she finds out about her memories was hard for her but made for a great story for the reader damn. I hope that this character doesn't regret finding out her memory but it would make sense if she did. Also don't drink and do crazy shit. So bad.

Johnny: He was so bright and full of light. And the way he was described as bouncy is exactly as he acted. I cried for him.

Mirren: I suspected that she was pregnant when she kept getting sick, but I suppose the alternative made sense. It's unfortunate especially if they are a figment of Cadence's imagination.

Gat: He was sweet, smart and so willing to make a change in the world, but he never will. It's extremely disappointing. But also the way that he was left. That they were all left.

Because I read this book in a day, I didn't really slow down for moment to remember but here is the.....
Final Line: "I endure."

If you enjoyed this book tell me why? And what did you think of that crazy ending? Did you see it coming?

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment