Thursday, October 11, 2018

Book Review: Half Bad by Sally Green


22521580
Title: Half Bad
Author: Sally Green
Series/Standalone: The Half Bad Trilogy (Book #1)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Paranormal
Pages: 394
Publisher: Speak
Year Published: 2014
Format: Paperback Copy (Own It)
First Line: "There's these two kids, boys, sitting close together, squished by the big arms of an old chair."

"In modern-day England, witches live alongside humans: White witches, who are good; Black witches, who are evil; and sixteen-year-old Nathan, who is both. Nathan's father is the world's most powerful and cruel Black witch, and his mother is dead. He is hunted from all sides. Trapped in a cage, beaten and handcuffed, Nathan must escape before his seventeenth birthday, at which point he will receive three gifts from his father and come into his own as a witch- or else he will die. But how can Nathan find his father when his every action is tracked, when there is no one safe to trust- not even family, not even the girl he loves?"

My Rating: 3.75/5

This is another book that I carried over through the move. I thought that this story was very interesting especially the paranormal aspect. I was interested in the differences in this setting to our own as well as the timeline. I really enjoyed the idea of magical people living amongst us and I know that the idea of good and evil are always interesting to me. 
I think this story did a good job of debating good and evil while still showing signs of struggle on both sides. That being said the middle area of this book seemed to drag for me. The pacing just wasn't quite right for me. I do look forward to continuing the story.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment