Saturday, October 20, 2018

Book Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver


9593911
Title: Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium Series (Book #2)
Genre: Dystopian, Science Fiction, YA
Pages: 375
Publisher: HarperTeen
Year Published: 2012
Format: Audiobook

"The old life is dead. But the old Lena is dead too. I buried her. I left her beyond a fence, behind a wall of smoke and flame. In this electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller Delirium, Lauren Oliver sets Lena on a dangerous course that hurtles through the unregulated Wilds and into the heart of a growing resistance movement. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of a fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite."

My Rating: 3.25/5

I'm going to start this review by saying, I don't disagree with the negative opinions about this installment. I agree with many points of that argument. That being said, I had an idea that this book wouldn't live up to the first one so my overall expectations were set a little lower than those who read this book as it came out.
This book was what I expected. It just didn't have the elements that I really enjoyed from the first book and had more of the elements that weren't my favourite. I will say the twist at the end made me interested in continuing the series, and that's about it. The main character is selfish and so foolish overall. She is just to naive for my liking, actually in this book she was closer to stupidity.
That being said, I am interested in other characters in this series and that is why I took out the next audiobook as soon as I finished this one.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment