Saturday, August 3, 2019

Book Review: Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco


33784373

Title: Hunting Prince Dracula
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Series/Standalone: Stalking Jack the Ripper Series (Book #2)
Genre: Historical Fiction, Mystery, Young Adult
Pages: 435
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Year Published: 2017
Format: Audiobook

"In this New York Time bestselling sequel to Kerri Maniscalco's haunting #1 debut Stalking Jack the Ripper, bizarre murders are discovered in the castle of Prince Vlad the Impaler, otherwise known as Dracula. Could it be a copycat killer... or has the depraved prince been brought back to life?

Following the grief and horror of her discovery of Jack the Ripper's true identity, Audrey Rose Wadsworth has no choice but to flee London and its memories. Together with the arrogant yet charming Thomas Cresswell, she journeys to the dark heart of Romania, home to one of Europes best schools for forensic medicine... and to another notorious killer, Vlad the Impaler, whose thirst for blood became legend.

But her life's dream is soon tainted by blood-soaked discoveries of the halls of the school's forbidding castle, and Audrey Rose is compelled to investigate the strangely familiar murders. What she finds brings all her terrifying fears to life once again."

My Rating: 4.25/5

I've been eating up these audiobooks as I am waiting for the anticipated conclusion that will come out in September, but at this rate, I will be finished the rest of the books far before I get to read that one. I cannot recommend these audiobooks enough. I think that the narrator does a wonderful job of capturing the characters and who they truly are. I also think that her reading of the books helps add to the suspense of the story overall. I liked the writing, the only thing that I found to be a little over the top this time was the continual reminder that we are in a castle with potentially haunted woods. I understood the first time I was told but then it was repeated quite a few times. I can see that the author was really trying to drive home how dangerous it was but it got to be a little over the top. I can't wait to continue the series and see where the author takes us. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny



No comments:

Post a Comment