Saturday, August 31, 2019

Review: Shore of the Dying Light by Rick Remender


28116220

Title: Shore of the Dying Light
Author: Rick Remender
Illustrator/Colourist: Greg Tocchini, and Dave McCaig
Series/Standalone: Low Series (Vol. 3)
Genre: Comics, Graphic Novel, Science Fiction
Pages:128
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2016
Format: Paperback (Library Copy)

"Stel Caine rises from the depths to the surface of the Earth, the first human in millennia to walk on the sun-blasted wasteleand. Her daughters aren't far behind, and not everyone shares Stel's hopeful outlook of the future. Will this family reunion reveal the key to mankind's salvation... or snuff out the light forever?"

My Rating: 4.5/5

I've been waiting for this series to really grab me and this was the one. I really got invested in the storyline and the world. Especially during the final battle scenes and seeing how the family reunion is changing different elements of the faith of hope. I also think the idea that hope is a religion makes for an interesting aspect of the story. I can't wait to continue the series and see where it goes. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment