Monday, September 2, 2019

Review: Captain Raven and the All-Girl Pirate Crew by Jeremy Whitley


26527730

Title: Captain Raven and the All-Girl Pirate Crew
Author: Jeremy Whitley
Illustrators: Rosy Higgins and Ted Brandt
Series/Standalone: Raven: the Pirate Princess (Book #1)
Genre: Graphic Novels, Comics, Fantasy, Young Adult, LGBT
Pages: 128
Publisher: Action Lab Entertainment
Year Published: 2016
Format: Paperback Copy (Library)

"Raven is ready to set out on her quest for revenge against her brothers. They've stolen everything that should be hers and now she's going to get it back. But first, she needs a crew. Share the laughs, action and adventures as Raven assembles the fearless crew of awesome ladies who will help her get her revenge."


My Rating: 5/5

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a perfect mix of nerd references and girl power. Everything that I really loved about Lumberjanes at the start of the series. I also really enjoyed the aspect of LGBT that might be present later on in the series. I think it is interesting to see the flashbacks of Raven's memories and see how things changed. I also wonder about what the brothers said to the father about the need to lock her up. I'm curious to see where the stories go and how the stories intertwine. 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment