Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Book Review:Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling


18271937
Title: Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix
Author: J.K Rowling
Series/Standalone: Harry Potter (Book #5)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Fiction
Pages: 766
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Year Published: 2003
Format: Paperback Copy (Own it)
First Line: "The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive."

"Harry is furious that he has been abandoned at the Dursleys' house for the summer, for he suspects that Voldemort is gathering an army, that he himself could be attacked and that his so-called friends are keeping him in the dark. Finally rescued by wizard bodyguards, he discovers that Dumbledore is regrouping the Order of the Phoenix- a secret society first formed years ago to fight Voldemort. But the Ministry of Magic is against the Order, lies are being spread by the wizards' tabloid, the Daily Prophet, and Harry fears that he may have to take on this epic battle against evil alone."

My Rating: 4.5/5

This is my first time rereading this 5th book in the series and if you've read my other thoughts on the rest of the series this might be surprising. I had attempted to read through the Harry Potter series many times when I was younger and found that after the 4th book I would get stuck and intimidated by the length of the 5th book. That being said, I did complete the whole series once in high school. So it's been a minute. And I have a lot of thoughts. Now when I first read this in high school I would have given it a four. You can tell that this is a point in the series where JK Rowling had deeper plans for the plotline and things start getting intense. Therefore there are some points of information being thrown at us that last for large chapters/ or paragraphs throughout. Now that I am older (and a have a bit more patience) I am able to better grasp the introductions made in this novel. The only reason it is not 5/5 is that at some points I did feel as though the story dragged. Overall excited to finish my reread of the series and see where it takes me.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny


No comments:

Post a Comment